First Aid At Work
About the course:
Health and Safety in the workplace are essential considerations for all employers. It is vital that there are people on site who are qualified to act as First Aiders in case of an accident. This course is designed for workplace and as such we aim to deliver a program to suit your working environment.
- Action to take in an emergency
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Care of an unconscious casualty
- Care of wounds and stopping bleeding
- Transportation of a casualty and the 999 procedure
- Recognise common major illness
- Recognise common minor illness
- Record keeping and RIDDOR instructions
- Simulated workplace incidents
Administer to a casualty with:
- Burns or scalds
- Soft tissue damage
- Eye injuries and irrigation
There are no entry requirements for this course.
All equipment is provided at the College.
The course tutor assesses the course continuously via theory and practical work with a final formal oral and practical exam by external examiners. Successful delegates will be awarded the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) certificate which is valid for three years.
The HSE strongly recommends that you attend a refresher session once every year during the three year period of your valid First Aid Qualification. This Annual Refresher course provides you with an opportunity to practise and update your skills. This is a half day course that is run at the college.
Please ensure you read a copy of the terms and conditions for bookings and that we are informed of any special requirements.